Warranty, Privacy & Return Policy
Recon Power Bikes are made strictly for Adults 18 years old and older. An approved CPSC Helmet and personal protective equipment is required for safe riding.
Every bike is covered under our manufacturer's one year warranty for the original owner against all manufacturing defects. The aluminum frame warranty is for life for the original owner against all manufacturing defects. Warranty parts will only be shipped within the continental United States. If you purchased a bike and had it then shipped to another country, parts will only be sent to the country in which the bike was originally sent. Recon Power Bikes warrants this product, including all individual components against defects in material or workmanship as follows:
Recon Power Bikes Limited 1-Year Warranty
Recon Power Bikes’ bicycle components including frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, kickstand, reflectors and hardware are warranted to be free from manufacturer defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 1 year period from the date of original purchase. Wear and tear is not covered under warranty. Recon Power Bikes’ lithium ion batteries are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 1 year period from the date of original purchase. The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
What Will We Do to Correct Problems with Your Bike?
If a component is deemed to be defective or damaged without user error we will issue a replacement part. We will assist you in replacing any defective part. We will provide the owner a replacement product if the product cannot be repaired after a reasonable number of tries as determined by Recon Power Bikes.
What Will We Not Do?
Recon Power Bikes will not replace any part without first seeing photos or video of the damaged part. We will not offer warranty service to second owners. We will not replace any part damaged by the user. We will not pay for any third party service or part replacement unless agreed upon prior to the fix. We will not pay for return shipping on any damaged or defective product or component.
Recon Power Bikes will not cover any damage that may occur during shipping if the owner sets up their own shipping option or if the bike is shipped using a freight forwarder or similar service.
Terms of Warranty
This warranty only applies to the original owner of a Recon Power Bikes bicycle. This warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of defective parts at the sole discretion of Recon Power Bikes. This warranty does not cover any damage or defects resulting from failure to follow instructions in the owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, wear and tear, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance. Only in extreme cases will an entire replacement bike be issued, in these cases the original bike may have to ship to the Recon Power Bikes facility for inspection/repairs before a new bike is sent out. If repairs can be made, a new bike will not always be sent. This warranty does not include consumables or normal wear and tear parts (tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain, spokes). Recon Power Bikes will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts. Shipping damage must be reported to Recon Power Bikes within a reasonable amount of time after shipment arrival. In no event shall Recon Power Bikes be responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, including without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, or product liability in connection with their products.
All claims to this warranty must be made through Recon Power Bikes. Proof of purchase may be required with any warranty request. Before making a warranty claim, we suggest that you contact our Technical Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org as there may be a simple fix for your problem. Valid warranty claims will be processed through Recon Power Bikes within one year of initial purchase. Warranty claims may be submitted to email@example.com.
Shipping Damage Claims
IMMEDIATELY inspect your product(s) for damage. Freight damage claims are extremely time sensitive. We will not accept freight damage claims later than 10 days from receipt of product. Note any damage to your product(s) on the Bill of Lading before you and the driver sign-off on the shipment. Take pictures of any damage that is found, and date the images when possible. Keep all packaging and paperwork until the inspection process is complete. Report damage claims within 10 days of delivery to a Recon Power Bikes’ customer service representative. Please contact our Technical Support team for return/replacement instructions at:
(888) 485-2589 and ask for Hunter
Credit Card Chargebacks
If for any reason a credit card chargeback of any amount is issue on an order and the customer is still in possession of the product(s) within said order, the warranty will be paused until the chargeback is resolved.
Terms of Service
Electric bikes shipped within the contiguous United States qualify for free shipping*.
We are currently only shipping to the USA and Canada.
In-stock orders typically ship next business day, unless otherwise noted on product page. A shipping confirmation email will be sent to the email address attached to the order once the order has shipped.
As we ship FedEx and UPS we DO NOT ship to PO BOXES or APO.
On all International orders, aside from the shipping cost, it is the customer's responsibility to pay the import and customs duties and fees that are incurred as a result of the shipment, the customer is also responsible for ensuring they comply with all of their local/state/federal regulations concerning the import and use of electric bicycles.
Please note we are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items due to any parcel service fault.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
For any third-party shipping, Recon Power Bikes cannot provide ANY additional shipping information or documentation.
- Must have less than 10 miles on the odometer
- Must be in like new condition and free from dirt, dust, or fragrances
- Must be in the same packaging (all cardboard and foam) and condition that you received it
- Must include all items that were included inside the box (charger, keys, hardware, etc.)
- Customers must receive prior authorization and a prepaid return shipping label from Recon Power Bikes
- Customer will be responsible for scheduling their own UPS pickup of the package or locate a drop-off location
- Any standard warranty issues must be resolved through Product Support before we will process a return.
- Refunds will be made after the bike is received and inspected. The inspection process will typically take about one week once the bike is received. Once the entire inspection is completed, refunds will typically be processed in about 1-2 business days.
- No returns after 14 days from date of delivery
Accessory/replacement part orders:
- No returns after 30 days of delivery
- To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused and uninstalled, free from dirt, dust, or any fragrances, and in the same packaging and condition that you received it
- Subject to a 25% restocking fee
- Customer pays return shipping
- Ebikes that do not meet the conditions specified above and/or accessories/replacement parts which have been used and/or installed may not be returned except in EXTREME cases of breakage/malfunction covered by our warranty, and then only after receipt of our approval for the return.
Non-returnable items, except where covered by an applicable warranty:
- All merch (clothing, hats, etc)
- Special orders
- Sale items
- Gift cards
- Gifted orders
Before a return is sent, the customer must have received written approval of said return from Recon Power Bikes. If a customer sends a return without the written consent of Recon Power Bikes a refund will not be issued and the customer will have to pay shipping for us to return the item to them, or forfeit the item.
If your approved return passes our inspection, you will receive a refund. Please address your return to:
Recon Power BIkes
c/o Return - #OrderNumber
327 Ley Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Please give us a heads up after you send your return by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide a tracking number.
If non-returnable items are returned without authorization from our Customer Experience team, they will be returned to the customer immediately and customer will be notified. Restocking fees may apply to unauthorized returns.
Please note that information regarding the expected range on a single charge on one of our ebikes is an estimate, not a guarantee. There are many factors that contribute to actual, real-world range for an ebike battery such as age of the battery, temperature, level of assist, speed, payload, and terrain. Given the right conditions, it is possible to get less than the expected minimum range or greater than the expected maximum range.
Special Offers, Codes, and Promotions
Recon Power Bikes reserves the right to put limitations on the combining, stacking, and use of any and all promotions done via the website, email, social media, or any other channels where promotions are detailed and/or distributed. Recon Power Bikes reserves the right to pause all promotions, codes, and referral programs for some sales and for all new product launches. Any and all promos must be used at time of purchase and cannot be used retroactively, promo codes cannot be stacked, used in tandem, etc.
Pre-Orders/Backorders and Pre-Order/Backorder Cancellations
For all pre-orders and backorders, your credit/debit card will be charged immediately. There will be no delay in payment collection, regardless of when the item is expected to ship. Any and all pre-orders and backorders that are canceled prior to shipping are only eligible for a 90% refund of the total order price.
A backorder essentially allows you to reserve an ebike that is currently out of stock. It functions the same as a normal purchase, except your ebike will be shipped at a later date as specified on the product page. Pre-orders are typically for completely new products that are not yet released. Our backorder process is for ebikes that have already been available, but are temporarily out of stock.
Refunds, Exchanges, and Store Credits
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your return.
PLEASE NOTE, it is important for you to check your state, county, and local laws to ensure that you are riding legally and safely.
Orders Flagged as Fraud
If your order is flagged by our system as a high risk of fraud, we reserve the right to refuse to fulfill and refund your order. If you feel that a refund was made by mistake, please email.
There are no returns for items on sale. All sale items are final sale, no refunds, exchanges or credits of any kind. If sale items are returned without authorization from our customer service, it will be returned to the customer immediately and customer will be notified. Restocking fees may apply to unauthorized returns.
Credit Card Chargebacks
If for any reason a credit card chargeback of any amount is issue on an order and the customer is still in possession of the product(s) within said order, the warranty will be paused until the chargeback is resolved.
Unfortunately, special orders are not returnable. Each special order is made specifically for each customer and are final sale, no refunds, exchanges or credits of any kind. If special orders are returned without expressed permission from our customer service, it will be returned to the customer immediately and customer will be notified. Restocking fees may apply to unauthorized returns. For international shipping of special orders, additional charges may apply to orders containing both in stock and special order items.
User Submitted Content
When you submit or post any material (including any photos or videos) via the Site, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium (whether now known or hereafter developed), for any purpose that we choose.
You are responsible for your own actions while using an electric bike. Recon Power Bikes is not responsible/nor liable for any accidents or injuries (whether caused by you or others) that may occur during your use. We recommend contacting your insurance provider to determine if your current insurance policy would cover you in the event of an accident.
At Recon Power Bikes (the "Company" or "We"), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via our contact us link.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about our services
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail via our contact link to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the Contact Us link.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Thank You for Visiting the Website.